Install and manage bioinformatics software without losing your mind using Conda, Modules and EasyBuild. Using these tools covers all your bases, including common software like samtools, creating bundles such as for RNASeq, and do not distribute software such as CellRanger from 10X Genomics.
The ebook is available as a PDF and as a zip file containing the original markdown files used to generate the PDF.
What you'll get:
- A crash course on using conda to manage your software stacks
- Why you should use Modules. (Spoiler alert! Because they are awesome!)
- How to use Modules to create different interfaces for different combinations of software stacks
- How to install Lmod and EasyBuild, with or without sudo access
- Examples for -
- Samtools Modules
- Single Cell
- 10x Genomics and other software that is NOT distributed as a conda package
Ebook is provided in PDF and Markdown. If you prefer another format please email me and I will see what I can do. ;-)
This is meant primarily for people who are managing multi user setups, setups for multiple labs or projects, or otherwise need to manage complex bioinformatics software stacks.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]